Friday, May 27, 2011

Basics: super important!

To start, I think I will tell you what my wardrobe staples are, simply because they are crucial to creating awesome outfits:

1) A black pencil skirt: I recently bought this one at The Limited and it fits great!! Its a going out skirt that flattens your belly and gives you a nice shape:


2) Dark denim or black skinny jeans. These are my favorite basic jeans by Gap:


NOTE: this is really important ladies so listen up!!!!! DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED WHEN PANT SHOPPING!! just remember that the tailor is you bff! I, for one, tailor ALL my pants. My mom used to do it for me when I was kid but I have now learned to do it on my own. Pants are not made for girls like me, so I make them fit me by tailoring them. Just make sure they fit great at the waist and thigh area, the length is an easy fix.

3) Structured jackets. They complete an outfit and slim your figure. Enough said.



4) Cardigans!!! Words cannot express my love for cardigan. I love printed ones, ruffled ones, colored, buttoned, zipped.. you name it... if it's a cardigan, I love it! Personally, I think its a good layering tool that not only creates interest and depth to your outfit, but helps disguise parts of your body you may find unflattering (both of these are from the Gap). Cardigans are also a great way to show off personal style, there is sooo many types out there that you will definitely find one that will fit your personality!


5) last but not least: a well structured dress. I firmly believe that clothes need to have a great cut that provide you with a flattering figure. Wrap dress and A-line cut dresses that hug at the waist and flow away from the body are ideal. 


1 comment: